Congress does not need Trinamool in West Bengal
Kolkata: Congress, which is a junior partner in Trinamool Congress-led government in West Bengal, does not require the ally to stand on its own feet, WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said Wednesday.
"Congress is not lost in Bengal and it does not require TMC as it can stand on its own feet," Bhattacharya told a Youth Congress convention here.
MSME minister Manas Bhuiyan said the party in the state was in a dilemma as it was not able to work together nor walk out of the coalition and had sought a direction from the party high command.
"I ask myself why are we in the government when the same situation as that which had prevailed during the Left Front regime when 17,000 Congress workers were killed still prevails under the Trinamool-led government in the state," Bhuiyan said.
The WBPCC chief also declared a `Nandigram Chalo Abhiyan` against alleged TMC atrocities and not allowing Congress to contest the recent municipal elections in Nandigram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand