Congress does not need Trinamool in West Bengal
Kolkata: Congress, which is a junior partner in Trinamool Congress-led government in West Bengal, does not require the ally to stand on its own feet, WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said Wednesday.
"Congress is not lost in Bengal and it does not require TMC as it can stand on its own feet," Bhattacharya told a Youth Congress convention here.
MSME minister Manas Bhuiyan said the party in the state was in a dilemma as it was not able to work together nor walk out of the coalition and had sought a direction from the party high command.
"I ask myself why are we in the government when the same situation as that which had prevailed during the Left Front regime when 17,000 Congress workers were killed still prevails under the Trinamool-led government in the state," Bhuiyan said.
The WBPCC chief also declared a `Nandigram Chalo Abhiyan` against alleged TMC atrocities and not allowing Congress to contest the recent municipal elections in Nandigram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- WATCH: Lionel Messi crying after Argentina's 2-4 loss against Chile in Copa America final
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!
- Shock waves across Chennai as another person hacked to death in Nandanam area