Congress does not need Trinamool in West Bengal
Kolkata: Congress, which is a junior partner in Trinamool Congress-led government in West Bengal, does not require the ally to stand on its own feet, WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya said Wednesday.
"Congress is not lost in Bengal and it does not require TMC as it can stand on its own feet," Bhattacharya told a Youth Congress convention here.
MSME minister Manas Bhuiyan said the party in the state was in a dilemma as it was not able to work together nor walk out of the coalition and had sought a direction from the party high command.
"I ask myself why are we in the government when the same situation as that which had prevailed during the Left Front regime when 17,000 Congress workers were killed still prevails under the Trinamool-led government in the state," Bhuiyan said.
The WBPCC chief also declared a `Nandigram Chalo Abhiyan` against alleged TMC atrocities and not allowing Congress to contest the recent municipal elections in Nandigram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?