Congress factions scuffle before Pranab Mukherjee
Barasat (WB): At least 10 persons received
minor injuries when two factions of Congress workers scuffled
before WBPCC president and Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee ahead of a party rally at Panihati near here today.
Police said none was arrested and the rally was taken
out after security personnel removed the warring groups at the
Panihati Lok Sankskriti Bhavan here in North 24 Parganas
A visibly annoyed Mukherjee ordered the clashing groups
to leave the venue.
Police said the incident was an offshoot of factional
rivalry in the district with members of both groups trying to
lodge complaints and counter-complaints with Mukherjee.
Party sources said a rival group charged DCC President
Debi Ghosal of spoiling an alliance with the Trinamool
Congress for 21 civic body polls in the district which led to
the unruly scenes.
The meeting was delayed by nearly 15 minutes.
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics
- Minor who shot himself while taking 'selfie' dies
- Depressed oldies can be at dementia risk
- Russian GP: Sergio Perez's ninth finish gives Force India 2 points
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: Fake Punjabi music company used to lure MoD officials?