Congress factions scuffle before Pranab Mukherjee
Barasat (WB): At least 10 persons received
minor injuries when two factions of Congress workers scuffled
before WBPCC president and Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee ahead of a party rally at Panihati near here today.
Police said none was arrested and the rally was taken
out after security personnel removed the warring groups at the
Panihati Lok Sankskriti Bhavan here in North 24 Parganas
A visibly annoyed Mukherjee ordered the clashing groups
to leave the venue.
Police said the incident was an offshoot of factional
rivalry in the district with members of both groups trying to
lodge complaints and counter-complaints with Mukherjee.
Party sources said a rival group charged DCC President
Debi Ghosal of spoiling an alliance with the Trinamool
Congress for 21 civic body polls in the district which led to
the unruly scenes.
The meeting was delayed by nearly 15 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!