Congress flays Trinamool for attacks prior to panchayat polls
Kolkata: Congress on Friday accused ally Trinamool Congress for `misusing` the administration to mount `planned` attacks on Congress workers and make arrests prior to the ensuing panchayat elections in West Bengal.
"We have noted with concern that Trinamool Congress has been misusing the state machinery to mount attacks on our activists and arrest many of them prior to the panchayat elections," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya told reporters here.
"A concerted anti-Congress move is on to launch attacks against our (Cong) workers in different districts, but this will not benefit in any manner," he alleged and threatened to launch a police station gherao across the state on August 24.
He alleged that plans were afoot to attack district Congress leaders, which, he said, is evident from the arrest of Hooghly district Congress president after the Bandel violence in the district on August 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai