Congress flays Trinamool for attacks prior to panchayat polls
Kolkata: Congress on Friday accused ally Trinamool Congress for `misusing` the administration to mount `planned` attacks on Congress workers and make arrests prior to the ensuing panchayat elections in West Bengal.
"We have noted with concern that Trinamool Congress has been misusing the state machinery to mount attacks on our activists and arrest many of them prior to the panchayat elections," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya told reporters here.
"A concerted anti-Congress move is on to launch attacks against our (Cong) workers in different districts, but this will not benefit in any manner," he alleged and threatened to launch a police station gherao across the state on August 24.
He alleged that plans were afoot to attack district Congress leaders, which, he said, is evident from the arrest of Hooghly district Congress president after the Bandel violence in the district on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach