Congress flays Trinamool for attacks prior to panchayat polls
Kolkata: Congress on Friday accused ally Trinamool Congress for `misusing` the administration to mount `planned` attacks on Congress workers and make arrests prior to the ensuing panchayat elections in West Bengal.
"We have noted with concern that Trinamool Congress has been misusing the state machinery to mount attacks on our activists and arrest many of them prior to the panchayat elections," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya told reporters here.
"A concerted anti-Congress move is on to launch attacks against our (Cong) workers in different districts, but this will not benefit in any manner," he alleged and threatened to launch a police station gherao across the state on August 24.
He alleged that plans were afoot to attack district Congress leaders, which, he said, is evident from the arrest of Hooghly district Congress president after the Bandel violence in the district on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees