Congress flays Trinamool for attacks prior to panchayat polls
Kolkata: Congress on Friday accused ally Trinamool Congress for `misusing` the administration to mount `planned` attacks on Congress workers and make arrests prior to the ensuing panchayat elections in West Bengal.
"We have noted with concern that Trinamool Congress has been misusing the state machinery to mount attacks on our activists and arrest many of them prior to the panchayat elections," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya told reporters here.
"A concerted anti-Congress move is on to launch attacks against our (Cong) workers in different districts, but this will not benefit in any manner," he alleged and threatened to launch a police station gherao across the state on August 24.
He alleged that plans were afoot to attack district Congress leaders, which, he said, is evident from the arrest of Hooghly district Congress president after the Bandel violence in the district on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’