Congress leaders to campaign for Pranab`s son
Kolkata: With President Pranab Mukherjee`s son Abhijit contesting the Lok Sabha by-election from Jangipur in West Bengal, a galaxy of senior Congress leaders and star campaigners will be visiting Bengal to campaign for him.
"Several top leaders of our party will be visiting Jangipur to campaign for Abhijit Mukherjee. Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Congress MP and actor Raj Babbar, Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed, state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya will also campaign for him," said Maya Ghosh, a Congress leader.
Ghosh added that Congress MP and former cricketer Mohammed Azharuddin may also visit Jangipur to drum up voter support for Abhijit.
Abhijit Mukherjee, a first-time Congress lawmaker from Nalhati Assembly constituency of Birbhum district of West Bengal, is being fielded on the Congress ticket from the Jangipur. The Lok Sabha constituency fell vacant after his father`s elevation to the post of president.
Pranab Mukherjee has been a two-time MP from Jangipur in Murshidabad district since 2004.
After Mukherjee`s elevation as the President, Abhijit has expressed his desire to become Parliament member from Jangipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?