Congress ministers skip Mamata`s Cabinet meeting
Kolkata: The two Congress ministers in Mamata Banerjee`s Cabinet skipped a meeting chaired by the Chief Minister on Wednesday, as the junior coalition partner in West Bengal awaited directions from party leadership on the future course of action after the Trinamool pullout at the Centre.
Irrigation Minister Manas Bhuniya and Fisheries Minister Abu Hena did not attend the Cabinet meeting, Congress sources said.
The sources said the Congress ministers will attend cabinet meetings only when the party high command gives the `green signal`. The Congress also has two ministers of state.
The state Congress unit said it has sought the high command`s direction as it was finding it `difficult` to function normally after Trinamool Congress withdrew support to the UPA government yesterday.
"We have given details to the AICC high command that it is difficult to stay in the Mamata Banerjee ministry and function normally," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said over telephone.
Asked if the four ministers belonging to the Congress were likely to be withdrawn, Bhattacharya declined to comment, but said "We have furnished details to the high command and awaiting its direction."
"We are in the state cabinet due to the high command`s direction. We are waiting for its direction now," Bhuniya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside