Congress panchayat poll candidate missing in WB
Krishnagar (WB): A Congress candidate for the panchayat elections in Nadia district is missing since June 27, police sources said on Tuesday.
Munna Mahato (22), a resident of Haripur -- Chowdhurypara under Shantipur police station in Nadia district and the Congress candidate for Haripur gram panchayat is missing since June 27. His uncle Bisseswar Mahato lodged a missing police diary on June 29.
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Ranaghat Ajhar A Tousif said "we have initiated the investigation. We are looking in to all the possible aspects behind his missing."
The general secretary of Shantipur Town Congress Tarun Bhattacharjee claimed that Munna Mahato their candidate for the Haripur gram panchayat is missing since June 27.
"We suspect that some rival political party has abducted him (Munna) to get the political benefit," Bhattacharjee said.
Family sources said that after receiving a phone call he went out of the home on afternoon of June 27 and since then he has not returned.
An abduction complaint was also lodged yesterday on behalf of the Congress party.
Congress MLA Ajay Dey too hinted the hand of opposition parties in the abduction of Munna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price