Congress panchayat poll candidate missing in WB
Krishnagar (WB): A Congress candidate for the panchayat elections in Nadia district is missing since June 27, police sources said on Tuesday.
Munna Mahato (22), a resident of Haripur -- Chowdhurypara under Shantipur police station in Nadia district and the Congress candidate for Haripur gram panchayat is missing since June 27. His uncle Bisseswar Mahato lodged a missing police diary on June 29.
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Ranaghat Ajhar A Tousif said "we have initiated the investigation. We are looking in to all the possible aspects behind his missing."
The general secretary of Shantipur Town Congress Tarun Bhattacharjee claimed that Munna Mahato their candidate for the Haripur gram panchayat is missing since June 27.
"We suspect that some rival political party has abducted him (Munna) to get the political benefit," Bhattacharjee said.
Family sources said that after receiving a phone call he went out of the home on afternoon of June 27 and since then he has not returned.
An abduction complaint was also lodged yesterday on behalf of the Congress party.
Congress MLA Ajay Dey too hinted the hand of opposition parties in the abduction of Munna.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today