Congress ridicules Mamata`s call for a federal front
Kolkata: Ridiculing Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s call for a federal front in the ensuing Lok Sabha elections, the Congress on Thursday dismissed it as a `vague idea` with no political significance.
"Who is the leader of the federal front? It has not been decided who will give leadership to the front," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said.
"It is a vague idea. It has no political significance and no possibility." he said.
Banerjee told a TMC rally here that her party wanted a federal front of regional parties as an alternative to strengthen and safeguard the interests of states.
If such a front was in a position to form the next government, the TMC would give support, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai