Congress ridicules Mamata`s call for a federal front
Kolkata: Ridiculing Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s call for a federal front in the ensuing Lok Sabha elections, the Congress on Thursday dismissed it as a `vague idea` with no political significance.
"Who is the leader of the federal front? It has not been decided who will give leadership to the front," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said.
"It is a vague idea. It has no political significance and no possibility." he said.
Banerjee told a TMC rally here that her party wanted a federal front of regional parties as an alternative to strengthen and safeguard the interests of states.
If such a front was in a position to form the next government, the TMC would give support, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi