Congress seeks panchayat poll security arrangements from EC
Kolkata: The Congress on Saturday sought details of the security arrangements from the State Election Commission for the panchayat polls in West Bengal.
"We have written to the SEC seeking details about the security arrangements for the nine districts going to panchayat polls in the first phase," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said.
He said that this was important for the party`s grassroot workers as deterioration in law and order was feared.
He claimed that the State Election Commission had no feedback on it. Bhattacharya also rubbished the claim by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee that West Bengal had reached number one in 100 days work and termed it as false.
"West Bengal ranks 23rd with 34.44 days under the MGNREGA according to official data for financial year 2012-13," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!