Congress seeks panchayat poll security arrangements from EC
Kolkata: The Congress on Saturday sought details of the security arrangements from the State Election Commission for the panchayat polls in West Bengal.
"We have written to the SEC seeking details about the security arrangements for the nine districts going to panchayat polls in the first phase," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said.
He said that this was important for the party`s grassroot workers as deterioration in law and order was feared.
He claimed that the State Election Commission had no feedback on it. Bhattacharya also rubbished the claim by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee that West Bengal had reached number one in 100 days work and termed it as false.
"West Bengal ranks 23rd with 34.44 days under the MGNREGA according to official data for financial year 2012-13," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'