Congress stages walk-out in West Bengal Assembly
Kolkata: Congress members on Thursday staged a walk out from the West Bengal Assembly over the issue of construction of a railway over-bridge near Baharampur railway station in Murshidabad district.
The party members staged the walk out soon after Congress MLA Manas Bhuniya`s adjournment motion over the issue was denied by Speaker Biman Banerjee.
Later, Bhuniya told reporters that Railways ministry had already sanctioned the over-bridge project and funds, but the state government was not giving its approval.
Bhuniya also criticised the comments by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress All-India general secretary Mukul Roy on the interim railway budget presented in Parliament yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past