Congress stages walk-out in West Bengal Assembly
Kolkata: Congress members on Thursday staged a walk out from the West Bengal Assembly over the issue of construction of a railway over-bridge near Baharampur railway station in Murshidabad district.
The party members staged the walk out soon after Congress MLA Manas Bhuniya`s adjournment motion over the issue was denied by Speaker Biman Banerjee.
Later, Bhuniya told reporters that Railways ministry had already sanctioned the over-bridge project and funds, but the state government was not giving its approval.
Bhuniya also criticised the comments by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress All-India general secretary Mukul Roy on the interim railway budget presented in Parliament yesterday.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi