Congress stages walk-out in West Bengal Assembly
Kolkata: Congress members on Thursday staged a walk out from the West Bengal Assembly over the issue of construction of a railway over-bridge near Baharampur railway station in Murshidabad district.
The party members staged the walk out soon after Congress MLA Manas Bhuniya`s adjournment motion over the issue was denied by Speaker Biman Banerjee.
Later, Bhuniya told reporters that Railways ministry had already sanctioned the over-bridge project and funds, but the state government was not giving its approval.
Bhuniya also criticised the comments by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress All-India general secretary Mukul Roy on the interim railway budget presented in Parliament yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city