Congress stages walk-out in West Bengal Assembly
Kolkata: Congress members on Thursday staged a walk out from the West Bengal Assembly over the issue of construction of a railway over-bridge near Baharampur railway station in Murshidabad district.
The party members staged the walk out soon after Congress MLA Manas Bhuniya`s adjournment motion over the issue was denied by Speaker Biman Banerjee.
Later, Bhuniya told reporters that Railways ministry had already sanctioned the over-bridge project and funds, but the state government was not giving its approval.
Bhuniya also criticised the comments by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress All-India general secretary Mukul Roy on the interim railway budget presented in Parliament yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray