Congress stages walk-out in West Bengal Assembly
Kolkata: Congress members on Thursday staged a walk out from the West Bengal Assembly over the issue of construction of a railway over-bridge near Baharampur railway station in Murshidabad district.
The party members staged the walk out soon after Congress MLA Manas Bhuniya`s adjournment motion over the issue was denied by Speaker Biman Banerjee.
Later, Bhuniya told reporters that Railways ministry had already sanctioned the over-bridge project and funds, but the state government was not giving its approval.
Bhuniya also criticised the comments by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress All-India general secretary Mukul Roy on the interim railway budget presented in Parliament yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why