Congress stages walk out, Left Front uproarious inside house
Kolkata: United on the issue of `deteriorating` law and order in West Bengal, Congress members on Monday walked out of the Assembly, while Left Front MLAs shouted slogans, blew whistles and held up placards in the well of the House.
Moving an adjournment motion, Congress member Ajoy Dey, citing the recent police firing at Tehatta in Nadia district where one person was killed, said that law and order in the state was worsening and the government was not able to handle it properly.
He also said that incidents of rape were rising in the state in the last one year and eight months of Trinamool Congress rule.
As Speaker Biman Banerjee refused to admit the motion, the Congress members walked out, while Left Front MLAs joined them and started shouting slogans on the same issue.
Some Left Front members also went near the Speaker`s chair and some to the well holding placards and blowing whistles demanding an answer from the government on the issue.
The Speaker, thereafter, adjourned the House announcing the lunch break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars