Congress stages walk out, Left Front uproarious inside house
Kolkata: United on the issue of `deteriorating` law and order in West Bengal, Congress members on Monday walked out of the Assembly, while Left Front MLAs shouted slogans, blew whistles and held up placards in the well of the House.
Moving an adjournment motion, Congress member Ajoy Dey, citing the recent police firing at Tehatta in Nadia district where one person was killed, said that law and order in the state was worsening and the government was not able to handle it properly.
He also said that incidents of rape were rising in the state in the last one year and eight months of Trinamool Congress rule.
As Speaker Biman Banerjee refused to admit the motion, the Congress members walked out, while Left Front MLAs joined them and started shouting slogans on the same issue.
Some Left Front members also went near the Speaker`s chair and some to the well holding placards and blowing whistles demanding an answer from the government on the issue.
The Speaker, thereafter, adjourned the House announcing the lunch break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug