Congress supports WB poll panel suggestion on Central forces
Kolkata: Congress on Saturday supported the State Election Commission`s suggestion of deployment of Central forces to conduct the panchayat elections in West Bengal.
The deployment of Central forces is aimed at "ensuring peaceful polls so that no lives are lost," AICC general secretary Shakeel Ahmed said.
"Whatever steps the State Election Commission will take, we will support," Ahmed, who is in charge of the West Bengal unit, told reporters here.
Ahmed arrived here to discuss the party`s strategy with WBPCC leaders for the coming panchayat polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!