Congress-TMC will free WB from misrule: Sonia
Nalhati (WB): Congress president Sonia
Gandhi on Wednesday claimed that West Bengal has been taken on a road
of destruction under the 34-year Left Front rule and assured
that the Congress-Trinamool alliance is determined to free the
state from this "misrule".
"Thousands of crores of rupees have been given to the
state for development and progress, but no result has been
seen anywhere," she said in her 10-minute address here in
Nalhati constituency where Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s
son Abhijit Mukherjee is a candidate of the Congress-Trinamool
"Where has the money gone and who is responsible for the
sorry state of affairs," she asked and said that it was the
Left Front government which was solely responsible for it.
Farmers` welfare has stopped getting importance in the
eyes of the government and violence against women is on a
rise, she said during her second leg of election campaign in
She had earlier campaigned in north Bengal on April 15.
She said Trinamool led by Mamata Banerjee was with the
Congress in full strength and the alliance was determined to
free the state from Left "misrule".
Gandhi said the work culture in the state has touched a
new low and farmers and industrial workers alike are in a
She alleged the state saw no development in the
unorganised sector during the 34-year LF rule.
Referring to Maoist violence, she said there should be a
proper integrated development plan for the Maoist-affected
Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee also addressed the
meeting, asking the people to vote for the Congress-Trinamool
Congress alliance which, he said, would bring all round
development in the state, if elected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up