Congress will get a reply from people in 2014: Karat
Kolkata: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Sunday said that people will not forget the "deeds" of Congress and would give it a befitting reply in 2014 general elections.
"By 2014, Mr Shinde will understand how short public memory really is," Karat said in reply to a question on Union Home Minister Shushil Kumar Shinde`s remarks that the coal issue will soon fade away from public memory.
"They said there was zero loss in spectrum, now they are saying there was nothing wrong in coal allocation," Karat said during a press conference here.
"I don`t think that people will forget this," Karat said.
Shinde had said in Pune yesterday that the coal issue will soon fade away from public memory as happened in the case of Bofors.
"Earlier Bofors was a talking point. People forgot about it. Now it is coal. This too will be forgotten," Shinde had reportedly said in a lighter vein at a function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections