Congress will get a reply from people in 2014: Karat
Kolkata: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Sunday said that people will not forget the "deeds" of Congress and would give it a befitting reply in 2014 general elections.
"By 2014, Mr Shinde will understand how short public memory really is," Karat said in reply to a question on Union Home Minister Shushil Kumar Shinde`s remarks that the coal issue will soon fade away from public memory.
"They said there was zero loss in spectrum, now they are saying there was nothing wrong in coal allocation," Karat said during a press conference here.
"I don`t think that people will forget this," Karat said.
Shinde had said in Pune yesterday that the coal issue will soon fade away from public memory as happened in the case of Bofors.
"Earlier Bofors was a talking point. People forgot about it. Now it is coal. This too will be forgotten," Shinde had reportedly said in a lighter vein at a function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll