Congress workers join TMC to protest stand on Gorkhaland: Mukul Roy
Kolkata: Hundreds of Congress Party workers in North Dinajpur district on Sunday joined the ruling Trinamool Congress to protest against the party`s stand on the creation of a separate Gorkhaland state, TMC leader Mukul Roy claimed.
"Hundreds of Congress workers from North Dinajpur today joined Trinamool as they believe that Trinamool is the only party in the state which can fight for the unity and development of Bengal," Roy, the national general secretary of the party, told reporters here.
Senior Congress leader and INTUC leader Alok Chakraborty also joined the party, Roy said.
The TMC had earlier alleged that the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre had instigated the Gorkhaland stir by giving approval to the creation of the separate state of Telengana.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents