Congress workers join TMC to protest stand on Gorkhaland: Mukul Roy
Kolkata: Hundreds of Congress Party workers in North Dinajpur district on Sunday joined the ruling Trinamool Congress to protest against the party`s stand on the creation of a separate Gorkhaland state, TMC leader Mukul Roy claimed.
"Hundreds of Congress workers from North Dinajpur today joined Trinamool as they believe that Trinamool is the only party in the state which can fight for the unity and development of Bengal," Roy, the national general secretary of the party, told reporters here.
Senior Congress leader and INTUC leader Alok Chakraborty also joined the party, Roy said.
The TMC had earlier alleged that the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre had instigated the Gorkhaland stir by giving approval to the creation of the separate state of Telengana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi