Continue talks with Maoists: Mamata to interlocuto
Kolkata: The six government-appointed
interlocutors for talks with Maoists in junglemahal, who had
wanted to be relieved of their responsibilities, were on Saturday directed to continue their parleys by West Bengal Chief
Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"The chief minister has requested us to continue the
peace process and we have accepted it," Sujato Bhadra who
heads the team of interlocutors told reporters after a meeting
with the chief minister.
Asked about the interlocutors wanting to quit after
the Maoists withdrew their unilateral ceasefire in the absence
of talks by a letter on October one, Bhadra said, "The peace
process will continue and it should be treated as an
He blamed a section of the media for negatively
portraying the efforts of the interlocutors. "I am very
Asked about their demand for withdrawal of the joint
forces from junglemahal, he said, "we had detailed discussion
about a lot of things with the chief minister, but it cannot
be shared with the media."
Another interlocutor Chhotan Das said that the chief
minister reposed confidence on them and wanted them to
continue the peace process with the ultras.
"We have been asked to continue the peace process
which the chief minister assigned to us to do to resolve the
Maoist problem," he said.
The state government had appointed the team of
interlocutors after coming to power six months ago to talk to
the Maoists and bring them to the negotiation table.
Bhadra and his team have held three meetings with
the Maoists so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir