Couple arrested in Kolkata for duping banks
New Delhi: A Delhi-based couple were arrested from Kolkata for duping several banks by forging documents, police said on Saturday.
Kamal Kishore Shukla, 60, and his wife Shashi Shukla, 53 were arrested May 15 from Kolkata.
The duo had obtained housing loans from different banks against a single property in Vaishali area of Uttar Pradesh`s Ghaziabad, adjoining Delhi, with the help of fake documents and had even sold the same property to many different buyers, said police.
"They were on the run since 2007 and had caused a loss of over Rs.85 lakh to as many as seven banks in Ghaziabad and Noida (Delhi suburbs) as well as two individuals," said an official.
Their arrest came when they tried to cheat a bank in Kolkata using similar methods but were caught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling