Couple arrested in Kolkata for duping banks
New Delhi: A Delhi-based couple were arrested from Kolkata for duping several banks by forging documents, police said on Saturday.
Kamal Kishore Shukla, 60, and his wife Shashi Shukla, 53 were arrested May 15 from Kolkata.
The duo had obtained housing loans from different banks against a single property in Vaishali area of Uttar Pradesh`s Ghaziabad, adjoining Delhi, with the help of fake documents and had even sold the same property to many different buyers, said police.
"They were on the run since 2007 and had caused a loss of over Rs.85 lakh to as many as seven banks in Ghaziabad and Noida (Delhi suburbs) as well as two individuals," said an official.
Their arrest came when they tried to cheat a bank in Kolkata using similar methods but were caught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites