Couple arrested in Kolkata for duping banks
New Delhi: A Delhi-based couple were arrested from Kolkata for duping several banks by forging documents, police said on Saturday.
Kamal Kishore Shukla, 60, and his wife Shashi Shukla, 53 were arrested May 15 from Kolkata.
The duo had obtained housing loans from different banks against a single property in Vaishali area of Uttar Pradesh`s Ghaziabad, adjoining Delhi, with the help of fake documents and had even sold the same property to many different buyers, said police.
"They were on the run since 2007 and had caused a loss of over Rs.85 lakh to as many as seven banks in Ghaziabad and Noida (Delhi suburbs) as well as two individuals," said an official.
Their arrest came when they tried to cheat a bank in Kolkata using similar methods but were caught.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why