Court extends custody of Sudipta Sen`s wife, son till April 24
Kolkata: A city court on Tuesday granted the Enforcement Directorate the custody of the wife and son of multi-crore Saradha scam accused Sudipta Sen for two more days in connection with money laundering charges.
The chief judge of City Sessions Court Mohd Mumtaz Khan extended the custody of Piyali Sen and Subhojit Sen till April 24 on a plea by the investigating agency for further questioning them to locate a bank locker and properties which have not been identified yet.
They also wanted to quiz them on details of other assets which are not yet known.
The court had earlier granted five days` custody of the duo to the ED on April 17.
The ED had claimed before the court that thousands of crores of rupees were collected from the market through the schemes run by the Saradha Group, headed by Sudipta Sen.
This money was transferred to different accounts including to those of Sen`s second wife Piyali and Shubhojit, Sen`s son from his first wife, apart from buying benami properties, the ED has claimed before the court.
Sudipta Sen was arrested from Kashmir in April last year and has been in the custody of West Bengal Police since then.
The duo, Piyali Sen and Shubhojit, were arrested by the sleuths of the central probe agency after they were questioned for close to two hours with regard to the alleged dubious transactions that led to the Ponzi scam which has duped hundreds of investors across West Bengal, Odisha and Assam.
The agency has recently issued summons to numerous entities involved in the case even as it attached assets worth Rs 140 crore of individuals and firms on money laundering charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical