Court office vandalised by arrested college teacher`s son
Burdwan: The general record office of the chief judicial magistrate`s court was vandalised and the staff beaten up by a college teacher`s son and outsiders accompanying him after the man failed to secure a bail and was sent to jail wednesday for allegedly molesting and assaulting a woman colleague.
The man was arrested from his home last night and was produced before the CJM court here today which remanded him to jail custody till October 9.
Angry over the police action and the court`s rejection of the bail plea, the college teacher`s son and many other outsiders accompanying him attacked the court personnel and the office.
The situation was brought under control by RAF and a large posse of police personnel who rushed to the spot. The college teacher`s son and three others were arrested, police said.
Tarakeswar Mondal, a course coordinator in the management department of Raj College here, was arrested following complaints to the police by a woman colleague alleging that he had molested and assaulted her on August 27 when she reported for work armed with a Calcutta High Court order.
The complaint said the woman colleague fell ill after the attack on her and she had to be admitted to a private hospital here by her father, an ex-professor of the same college.
The police complaint was filed later by her family.
As per the complaint the woman, an assistant professor of the college in its management course, was verbally told by Mondal on July 26 that she had only a month`s service left.=
She had moved the High Court and obtained a stay on August 26. She had reported for work on August 27 and was allegedly molested and assaulted on that day before being physically thrown out of the college premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened