Court office vandalised by arrested college teacher`s son
Burdwan: The general record office of the chief judicial magistrate`s court was vandalised and the staff beaten up by a college teacher`s son and outsiders accompanying him after the man failed to secure a bail and was sent to jail wednesday for allegedly molesting and assaulting a woman colleague.
The man was arrested from his home last night and was produced before the CJM court here today which remanded him to jail custody till October 9.
Angry over the police action and the court`s rejection of the bail plea, the college teacher`s son and many other outsiders accompanying him attacked the court personnel and the office.
The situation was brought under control by RAF and a large posse of police personnel who rushed to the spot. The college teacher`s son and three others were arrested, police said.
Tarakeswar Mondal, a course coordinator in the management department of Raj College here, was arrested following complaints to the police by a woman colleague alleging that he had molested and assaulted her on August 27 when she reported for work armed with a Calcutta High Court order.
The complaint said the woman colleague fell ill after the attack on her and she had to be admitted to a private hospital here by her father, an ex-professor of the same college.
The police complaint was filed later by her family.
As per the complaint the woman, an assistant professor of the college in its management course, was verbally told by Mondal on July 26 that she had only a month`s service left.=
She had moved the High Court and obtained a stay on August 26. She had reported for work on August 27 and was allegedly molested and assaulted on that day before being physically thrown out of the college premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued