Court refuses CBI probe into Saradha scam
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court on Wednesday refused to order a CBI probe into the Saradha Group chit fund scam, but did not dispose of the matter "in the interest of justice".
Hearing a public interest litigation (PIL), a division bench of Justice AK Banerjee and Justice MK Chaudhuri refused to order a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the multi-crore Saradha scam. But on the request of the amicus curiae, the matter has not been disposed of.
After court`s refusal to order a CBI probe into the scam, advocate Lakshmi Gupta, who has been appointed as an amicus curiae, pleaded that the matter be not disposed of and be kept pending, which the court accepted.
"Considering the grave nature of the offence, in the interest of justice the matter be not disposed of," pleaded Gupta.
Asserting that the "biggest" financial scam to hit Bengal was not only confined to the state but has affected millions of investors across the country, the PIL had sought a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- 7th Pay Commission: Even ‘good performance’ not good enough for salary hike, promotion
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- Pakistan's Hafiz Saeed managed the ISIS attack in Kabul that killed 80 people?
- The list of top 10 most valuable football clubs is out – See here!
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone