Court rejects Adhir Chowdhury`s anticipatory bail plea
Baharampore: A local court on Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail petition moved by Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury.
Acting District Judge Asit Dey rejected the anticipatory bail petition of Chowdhury as the public prosecutor opposed it.
Chowdhury had filed for the anticipatory bail as an arrest warrant has been issued against him by a court here for his alleged conspiracy in the murder of Trinamool Congress worker Kamal Sheikh in Golabazar area of the district in 2011.
The charge-sheet filed by police before the court in Berhampore, alleged that Chowdhury conspired in the murder of Sheikh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened