Court rejects Adhir Chowdhury`s anticipatory bail plea
Baharampore: A local court on Thursday rejected the anticipatory bail petition moved by Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury.
Acting District Judge Asit Dey rejected the anticipatory bail petition of Chowdhury as the public prosecutor opposed it.
Chowdhury had filed for the anticipatory bail as an arrest warrant has been issued against him by a court here for his alleged conspiracy in the murder of Trinamool Congress worker Kamal Sheikh in Golabazar area of the district in 2011.
The charge-sheet filed by police before the court in Berhampore, alleged that Chowdhury conspired in the murder of Sheikh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!