CPI hopeful of LF win in WB polls
Chandigarh: CPI on Saturday said it is hopeful
that the Left Front will win the Assembly polls in West Bengal
as the coalition has "turned around a lot" to face the
CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan said those who
projected that the Left would loose elections in West Bengal
will be proved wrong as the situation today is not the same as
it was a few months back.
"The Left Front has turned around to face the
challenge in West Bengal elections," he told reporters here.
"A year back or six months back, you could have said
she (Mamata Banerjee) has a big edge. But Left Front has
turned around a lot. It is possible, after seven victories in
WB, we may be win," he said.
Bardhan said the Congress-led United Democratic Front
in Kerala is in trouble and Left front is "more united than
He described as a good gesture Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh extending an invitation to the President and Prime
Minister of Pakistan to join him in watching the India-
Pakistan World Cup semi-final match in Mohali on March 30.
Bardhan hinted at supporting the former finance
minister Manpreet Badal, who is to announce his new political
outfit tomorrow, in the Punjab elections to be held early next
"We will consider all those possibilities...it
(supporting him) will depend on what he says tomorrow in his
policy like economic or social packages when he announces his
party and what is his stand on corruption and price rise," he
However, he termed the breaking out of Manpreet Badal
from SAD as a positive development for Punjab politics. "We
think it (separation of Manpreet from SAD) is a good beginning
and his party will be an alternative to the Congress and SAD
which have been trying to polarise the politics of Punjab," he
Manpreet Badal was expelled from SAD party on debt
waiver issue and he today also announced to resign as an MLA
from Gidderbaha constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'