CPI, LF oppose diesel price hike; decision on LPG
Kolkata: The CPI Thursday termed as "disastrous" the decision to hike diesel prices by Rs five per litre and restrict supply of subsidised cooking gas to six cylinders per household in a year.
"It is a disastrous decision. It will increase the cost of production. The diesel price hike by Rs five per litre is unprecedented while the decision on limiting supply of subsidised cooking gas to six cylinders per household in a year is unacceptable. We shall oppose it tooth and nail," CPI MP Gurudas Dasgupta said.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose said the prices of essential commodities were already out of the reach of common people.
"Now the hike in price of diesel will surely set the market on fire," Bose said in a statement.
The decision on LPG was also "anti-people" and would hit the middle class hard, he said while asking the "people to protest."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?