CPI (M) allege violence during nomination
Howrah: The opposition CPI (M) in West Bengal on Tuesday alleged that more than 20 of its supporters were injured in an attack by Trinamool Congress members at Udayanarayanpur in Howrah district today.
Former MLA and party leader Pradyush Mukherjee alleged that a group of supporters had assembled near the bus stand for filing nomination to the ensuing Panchayat poll when a group of TMC activists attacked them.
During the incident, more than 20 CPI (M) supporters were injured, he alleged.
However, local MLA and TMC leader Somit Panja denied there was violence and claimed that the group of people had assembled without the party candidates "to create a scene".
The police said there was no report of any injury and FIR filed in connection to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!