CPI (M) alleges scam in MP-LAD fund in Cooch Behar
Cooch Behar: Cooch Behar Rajya Sabha MP Tarini Roy has alleged that Rs 4-crore was siphoned out from his Local Area Development fund towards 34 projects which he had never recommended assistance, days after similar charges were made by another Left Front RS member.
The CPI(M) MP told reporters here that he had met District Magistrate Mohan Gandhi on January 28 and was given a list of projects purportedly recommended by the MP though in reality 34 of these projects, estimated at Rs 4 crore, had been not vetted by him.
As Roy immediately submitted a written complaint to the DM and demanded inquiry into the matter, he was informed that an FIR had already been lodged against the dealing clerk and a probe ordered for a similar case days back, he claimed last evening.
A couple of days back Forward Bloc`s Cooch Behar MP (Rajya Sabha) Nripendra Nath Roy had levelled charges about misappropriation of money from his MP-LAD fund to the tune of Rs 2-crore, official sources said.
In the wake of the FB MP`s complaint, the DM then lodged an FIR at Kotowali Police Station against the concerned dealing clerk, identified as Pradip Chakraborty, the sources said.
The accused was the same in both cases.
Tarini Roy, also the Secretary of the CPI(M)’s Cooch Behar district unit, alleged that the misappropriation from the MP-LAD fund was being committed after change of power in West Bengal.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!