CPI (M) alleges scam in MP-LAD fund in Cooch Behar
Cooch Behar: Cooch Behar Rajya Sabha MP Tarini Roy has alleged that Rs 4-crore was siphoned out from his Local Area Development fund towards 34 projects which he had never recommended assistance, days after similar charges were made by another Left Front RS member.
The CPI(M) MP told reporters here that he had met District Magistrate Mohan Gandhi on January 28 and was given a list of projects purportedly recommended by the MP though in reality 34 of these projects, estimated at Rs 4 crore, had been not vetted by him.
As Roy immediately submitted a written complaint to the DM and demanded inquiry into the matter, he was informed that an FIR had already been lodged against the dealing clerk and a probe ordered for a similar case days back, he claimed last evening.
A couple of days back Forward Bloc`s Cooch Behar MP (Rajya Sabha) Nripendra Nath Roy had levelled charges about misappropriation of money from his MP-LAD fund to the tune of Rs 2-crore, official sources said.
In the wake of the FB MP`s complaint, the DM then lodged an FIR at Kotowali Police Station against the concerned dealing clerk, identified as Pradip Chakraborty, the sources said.
The accused was the same in both cases.
Tarini Roy, also the Secretary of the CPI(M)’s Cooch Behar district unit, alleged that the misappropriation from the MP-LAD fund was being committed after change of power in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH