CPI (M) alleges scam in MP-LAD fund in Cooch Behar
Cooch Behar: Cooch Behar Rajya Sabha MP Tarini Roy has alleged that Rs 4-crore was siphoned out from his Local Area Development fund towards 34 projects which he had never recommended assistance, days after similar charges were made by another Left Front RS member.
The CPI(M) MP told reporters here that he had met District Magistrate Mohan Gandhi on January 28 and was given a list of projects purportedly recommended by the MP though in reality 34 of these projects, estimated at Rs 4 crore, had been not vetted by him.
As Roy immediately submitted a written complaint to the DM and demanded inquiry into the matter, he was informed that an FIR had already been lodged against the dealing clerk and a probe ordered for a similar case days back, he claimed last evening.
A couple of days back Forward Bloc`s Cooch Behar MP (Rajya Sabha) Nripendra Nath Roy had levelled charges about misappropriation of money from his MP-LAD fund to the tune of Rs 2-crore, official sources said.
In the wake of the FB MP`s complaint, the DM then lodged an FIR at Kotowali Police Station against the concerned dealing clerk, identified as Pradip Chakraborty, the sources said.
The accused was the same in both cases.
Tarini Roy, also the Secretary of the CPI(M)’s Cooch Behar district unit, alleged that the misappropriation from the MP-LAD fund was being committed after change of power in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth