CPI-M among the top four rich political parties: Mamata
Asansol: Trinamoool Congress (TC)
chief Mamata Banerjee on Sunday sought to take the war of words
over party funds to the CPI(M) camp stating that the Left
party had hundreds of crores of rupees and is among the four
top parties in terms of declared assets.
CPI(M) was in top bracket along with parties like the
Congress and the BJP in terms of assets, Banerjee said at an
election rally here.
"CPI(M) has built palatial buildings in the name of
party offices throughout the state (West Bengal) and has huge
properties near the party headquarters in Kolkata.
"Our party (TC) is nearly 12 years (old) and does not
even have Rs 2 crore," she said.
CPI(M) has been alleging TC was using black money to
fund its election campaign and had also complained to the
The EC has, however, said the documents submitted to
it by CPI(M) leader Gautam Deb was `inconclusive` and the
papers were unsigned.
Claiming that CPI(M)-led Left Front government has
`ruined` West Bengal in its 34-year rule, Banerjee said "from
industry to education to health, the state, which was once at
the top, has only gone down and now lags behind other states."
Earlier, speaking at a rally at Raina also in
Burdwan district, the TC chief said "CPI(M) has taken away
lakhs of jobs by closing down factories."
Alleging that CPI(M) was trying to create fear
psychosis among voters, she said "They have done this from
Keshpur to Nandigram. When Keshpur happened years ago, there
was not much television media so it did not come to the fore,
but now people know what CPI(M) terror is.
The CPI(M) has `pocketed` development funds sent by
the Centre, she alleged and promised to create jobs for the
rural youth if her party is voted to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH