CPI-M among the top four rich political parties: Mamata
Asansol: Trinamoool Congress (TC)
chief Mamata Banerjee on Sunday sought to take the war of words
over party funds to the CPI(M) camp stating that the Left
party had hundreds of crores of rupees and is among the four
top parties in terms of declared assets.
CPI(M) was in top bracket along with parties like the
Congress and the BJP in terms of assets, Banerjee said at an
election rally here.
"CPI(M) has built palatial buildings in the name of
party offices throughout the state (West Bengal) and has huge
properties near the party headquarters in Kolkata.
"Our party (TC) is nearly 12 years (old) and does not
even have Rs 2 crore," she said.
CPI(M) has been alleging TC was using black money to
fund its election campaign and had also complained to the
The EC has, however, said the documents submitted to
it by CPI(M) leader Gautam Deb was `inconclusive` and the
papers were unsigned.
Claiming that CPI(M)-led Left Front government has
`ruined` West Bengal in its 34-year rule, Banerjee said "from
industry to education to health, the state, which was once at
the top, has only gone down and now lags behind other states."
Earlier, speaking at a rally at Raina also in
Burdwan district, the TC chief said "CPI(M) has taken away
lakhs of jobs by closing down factories."
Alleging that CPI(M) was trying to create fear
psychosis among voters, she said "They have done this from
Keshpur to Nandigram. When Keshpur happened years ago, there
was not much television media so it did not come to the fore,
but now people know what CPI(M) terror is.
The CPI(M) has `pocketed` development funds sent by
the Centre, she alleged and promised to create jobs for the
rural youth if her party is voted to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow