CPI-M, BJP have joined hands: Trinamool
Kolkata: Admitting that Trinamool Congress had made mistakes by resorting to bandhs when it was in the Opposition, the party on Sunday accused the Left of "joining hands" with BJP by calling a general strike on September 20.
"When we are agitating against the Centre`s decision in our own way against issues like diesel price hike, putting a cap on subsidised LPG cylinders and allowing FDI in multi-brand retail, the CPI(M) and BJP have joined hands by calling a shut-down on the same day to derail the economy when West Bengal is trying to improve its economic conditions," state Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee told reporters here.
"The CPI(M), which had virtually destroyed the state`s economic backbone in its 30-year rule, has called the bandh to further destroy the state economically," Mukherjee said.
"It seems the CPIM has suddenly woken up from slumber," he quipped.
On the CPI(M) and the BJP having called the general strike on the same day, the senior Trinamool leader alleged the two parties were holding talks with each other in Delhi.
On Trinamool resorting to bandhs when it was not in power in past, Mukherjee said, "We had resorted to bandhs sometimes when we were in the opposition but later realised it was useless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested