CPI-M expels member for having links with Saradha Group
Kolkata: The Communist Party of India-Marxist on Saturday announced that it has expelled Ganesh Dey, a party member, who was quizzed by police in connection with the chit fund scam, for maintaining links with the tainted Saradha Group.
The announcement, made in the party`s Bengali mouthpiece Ganashakti, said the secretary of the North 24 Parganas district committee has summarily expelled Dey for "maintaining links with the Saradha Group in a personal capacity without the knowledge of the party".
Dey, who was personal assistant to former West Bengal finance minister Asim Dasgupta, was quizzed by the police, after arrested Saradha Group promoter Sudipata Sen revealed his name during police interrogation.
Party sources said Dey had earlier taken help from Saradha Group for organising a fair in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply