CPI-M leader exempted from personal court appearance
Kolkata: A court here on Thursday exempted Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Gautam Deb from personal appearance in a criminal defamation case filed by Trinamool Congress leader and union Minister of State for Shipping Mukul Roy.
According to Deb`s lawyer, the chief metropolitan magistrate`s court granted him exemption from personal appearance.
The CPI-M leader had accused the Trinamool Congress of using black money for the West Bengal Assembly elections and alleged that fake receipts were issued to show the money was collected from the public.
The court will hear the case June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy