CPI-M leader killed in West Bengal, explosive devices seized
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists shot dead a local
CPI-M leader in Jhargram area of West Midnapore district even
as joint forces unearthed a huge cache of landmines and other
explosive devices in the state, police said on Monday.
"During their routine search at Madhupur in Salbani, the
joint forces unearthed 10 landmines and seven crude explosive
devices," SP Manoj Kumar Verma said, adding no arrests have
been made so far.
On the other hand, Tapan Mahto, a member of CPI-M`s
Salbani branch committee, was called out from his Sirshi
village home by some people last night, taken to an isolated
place and gunned down, police said.
His body was found this morning at Boria near Jhargram,
they said, adding he was shot in the head thrice from a close
Some Maoists posters found beside the body claimed he was
killed because he was a police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened