CPI-M leader killed in West Bengal, explosive devices seized
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists shot dead a local
CPI-M leader in Jhargram area of West Midnapore district even
as joint forces unearthed a huge cache of landmines and other
explosive devices in the state, police said on Monday.
"During their routine search at Madhupur in Salbani, the
joint forces unearthed 10 landmines and seven crude explosive
devices," SP Manoj Kumar Verma said, adding no arrests have
been made so far.
On the other hand, Tapan Mahto, a member of CPI-M`s
Salbani branch committee, was called out from his Sirshi
village home by some people last night, taken to an isolated
place and gunned down, police said.
His body was found this morning at Boria near Jhargram,
they said, adding he was shot in the head thrice from a close
Some Maoists posters found beside the body claimed he was
killed because he was a police informer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata