CPI-M leader killed in West Bengal, explosive devices seized
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists shot dead a local
CPI-M leader in Jhargram area of West Midnapore district even
as joint forces unearthed a huge cache of landmines and other
explosive devices in the state, police said on Monday.
"During their routine search at Madhupur in Salbani, the
joint forces unearthed 10 landmines and seven crude explosive
devices," SP Manoj Kumar Verma said, adding no arrests have
been made so far.
On the other hand, Tapan Mahto, a member of CPI-M`s
Salbani branch committee, was called out from his Sirshi
village home by some people last night, taken to an isolated
place and gunned down, police said.
His body was found this morning at Boria near Jhargram,
they said, adding he was shot in the head thrice from a close
Some Maoists posters found beside the body claimed he was
killed because he was a police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves