CPI-M leader killed in West Bengal, explosive devices seized
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists shot dead a local
CPI-M leader in Jhargram area of West Midnapore district even
as joint forces unearthed a huge cache of landmines and other
explosive devices in the state, police said on Monday.
"During their routine search at Madhupur in Salbani, the
joint forces unearthed 10 landmines and seven crude explosive
devices," SP Manoj Kumar Verma said, adding no arrests have
been made so far.
On the other hand, Tapan Mahto, a member of CPI-M`s
Salbani branch committee, was called out from his Sirshi
village home by some people last night, taken to an isolated
place and gunned down, police said.
His body was found this morning at Boria near Jhargram,
they said, adding he was shot in the head thrice from a close
Some Maoists posters found beside the body claimed he was
killed because he was a police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured