CPI-M leader killed in West Bengal, explosive devices seized
Kolkata: Suspected Maoists shot dead a local
CPI-M leader in Jhargram area of West Midnapore district even
as joint forces unearthed a huge cache of landmines and other
explosive devices in the state, police said on Monday.
"During their routine search at Madhupur in Salbani, the
joint forces unearthed 10 landmines and seven crude explosive
devices," SP Manoj Kumar Verma said, adding no arrests have
been made so far.
On the other hand, Tapan Mahto, a member of CPI-M`s
Salbani branch committee, was called out from his Sirshi
village home by some people last night, taken to an isolated
place and gunned down, police said.
His body was found this morning at Boria near Jhargram,
they said, adding he was shot in the head thrice from a close
Some Maoists posters found beside the body claimed he was
killed because he was a police informer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed