CPI-M leader remanded to CID custody
Haldia: A CPI-M leader of Khejuri
arrested in connection with the March 2007 violence in
Nandigram that claimed the lives of 14 anti-land acquisition
protestors was on Thursday remanded to 14 days CID custody by a
Justice A C Sen of Haldia sub-divisional court
remanded Motiur Rahaman, who was arrested from his
village home on Wednesday, to 14 days CID custody.
Rahman was absconding since the violence on March 14,
2007 and is accused for shipping away bodies of those killed
by CPI-M cadres that day.
He was apprehended when he paid a visit to his home at
Kalagachi village in neighbouring Khejuri, a CPI-M stronghold,
in East Midnapur district, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere