CPI-M leader remanded to CID custody
Haldia: A CPI-M leader of Khejuri
arrested in connection with the March 2007 violence in
Nandigram that claimed the lives of 14 anti-land acquisition
protestors was on Thursday remanded to 14 days CID custody by a
Justice A C Sen of Haldia sub-divisional court
remanded Motiur Rahaman, who was arrested from his
village home on Wednesday, to 14 days CID custody.
Rahman was absconding since the violence on March 14,
2007 and is accused for shipping away bodies of those killed
by CPI-M cadres that day.
He was apprehended when he paid a visit to his home at
Kalagachi village in neighbouring Khejuri, a CPI-M stronghold,
in East Midnapur district, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer