CPI-M leader remanded to CID custody
Haldia: A CPI-M leader of Khejuri
arrested in connection with the March 2007 violence in
Nandigram that claimed the lives of 14 anti-land acquisition
protestors was on Thursday remanded to 14 days CID custody by a
Justice A C Sen of Haldia sub-divisional court
remanded Motiur Rahaman, who was arrested from his
village home on Wednesday, to 14 days CID custody.
Rahman was absconding since the violence on March 14,
2007 and is accused for shipping away bodies of those killed
by CPI-M cadres that day.
He was apprehended when he paid a visit to his home at
Kalagachi village in neighbouring Khejuri, a CPI-M stronghold,
in East Midnapur district, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh