CPI (M) leaders arrested after skeleton recovery
Midnapore: Days after the recovery of a skeleton, claimed to be of a Trinamool Congress activist missing since 2000, two local CPI (M) leaders were on Tuesday arrested at Pingla in West Midnapore district.
Police said, Tapas Bagli and Jaideb Dakua were arrested in connection with the recovery of a skeleton from nearby Narayangrah area, with the family of missing TC activist Prabodh Das laying claim on the skeleton.
Das and another Trinamool activist Manoranjan Guchhait went missing in 2000 following clashes with CPI(M)in the area.
However, the exact identity of the skeleton would be known only after the DNA test, police said.
Guchhait still remains untraced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore