CPI (M) leaders arrested after skeleton recovery
Midnapore: Days after the recovery of a skeleton, claimed to be of a Trinamool Congress activist missing since 2000, two local CPI (M) leaders were on Tuesday arrested at Pingla in West Midnapore district.
Police said, Tapas Bagli and Jaideb Dakua were arrested in connection with the recovery of a skeleton from nearby Narayangrah area, with the family of missing TC activist Prabodh Das laying claim on the skeleton.
Das and another Trinamool activist Manoranjan Guchhait went missing in 2000 following clashes with CPI(M)in the area.
However, the exact identity of the skeleton would be known only after the DNA test, police said.
Guchhait still remains untraced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone