CPI (M) leaders arrested after skeleton recovery
Midnapore: Days after the recovery of a skeleton, claimed to be of a Trinamool Congress activist missing since 2000, two local CPI (M) leaders were on Tuesday arrested at Pingla in West Midnapore district.
Police said, Tapas Bagli and Jaideb Dakua were arrested in connection with the recovery of a skeleton from nearby Narayangrah area, with the family of missing TC activist Prabodh Das laying claim on the skeleton.
Das and another Trinamool activist Manoranjan Guchhait went missing in 2000 following clashes with CPI(M)in the area.
However, the exact identity of the skeleton would be known only after the DNA test, police said.
Guchhait still remains untraced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Salman Khan parties with his 'Dabangg 3' heroines? Scoop inside
- Good news! Airtel cuts 4G price by up to 80% to check R Jio effect
- Bulandshahr rape case: No CBI probe, says Supreme Court
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking