CPI (M) leaders arrested after skeleton recovery
Midnapore: Days after the recovery of a skeleton, claimed to be of a Trinamool Congress activist missing since 2000, two local CPI (M) leaders were on Tuesday arrested at Pingla in West Midnapore district.
Police said, Tapas Bagli and Jaideb Dakua were arrested in connection with the recovery of a skeleton from nearby Narayangrah area, with the family of missing TC activist Prabodh Das laying claim on the skeleton.
Das and another Trinamool activist Manoranjan Guchhait went missing in 2000 following clashes with CPI(M)in the area.
However, the exact identity of the skeleton would be known only after the DNA test, police said.
Guchhait still remains untraced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery