CPI (M) leaders arrested after skeleton recovery
Midnapore: Days after the recovery of a skeleton, claimed to be of a Trinamool Congress activist missing since 2000, two local CPI (M) leaders were on Tuesday arrested at Pingla in West Midnapore district.
Police said, Tapas Bagli and Jaideb Dakua were arrested in connection with the recovery of a skeleton from nearby Narayangrah area, with the family of missing TC activist Prabodh Das laying claim on the skeleton.
Das and another Trinamool activist Manoranjan Guchhait went missing in 2000 following clashes with CPI(M)in the area.
However, the exact identity of the skeleton would be known only after the DNA test, police said.
Guchhait still remains untraced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof