CPI-M should introspect from top to bottom: Somnath
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha speaker and expelled Marxist leader Somnath Chatterjee on Friday said the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) should start introspecting from "top to bottom" on why the Left Front government was being decimated in West Bengal.
"It seems that people have opted for them (Trinamool). I must congratulate their leader (Mamata Banerjee)," Chatterjee told a TV news channel.
"It is very easy to abuse one party after one setback. Trinamool also faced same kind of setbacks in 2001 and 2006. So please don`t find scapegoats. I believe personally, though I am an outsider that introspection should start from the top to bottom. They should introspect why people are discontented and why the ordinary people deserted them," said Chatterjee.
His comments came amid indications that the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress was going to rout the Left Front that had ruled West Bengal for an uninterrupted 34 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof