CPI-M should introspect from top to bottom: Somnath
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha speaker and expelled Marxist leader Somnath Chatterjee on Friday said the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) should start introspecting from "top to bottom" on why the Left Front government was being decimated in West Bengal.
"It seems that people have opted for them (Trinamool). I must congratulate their leader (Mamata Banerjee)," Chatterjee told a TV news channel.
"It is very easy to abuse one party after one setback. Trinamool also faced same kind of setbacks in 2001 and 2006. So please don`t find scapegoats. I believe personally, though I am an outsider that introspection should start from the top to bottom. They should introspect why people are discontented and why the ordinary people deserted them," said Chatterjee.
His comments came amid indications that the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress was going to rout the Left Front that had ruled West Bengal for an uninterrupted 34 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert