CPI-M should introspect from top to bottom: Somnath
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha speaker and expelled Marxist leader Somnath Chatterjee on Friday said the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) should start introspecting from "top to bottom" on why the Left Front government was being decimated in West Bengal.
"It seems that people have opted for them (Trinamool). I must congratulate their leader (Mamata Banerjee)," Chatterjee told a TV news channel.
"It is very easy to abuse one party after one setback. Trinamool also faced same kind of setbacks in 2001 and 2006. So please don`t find scapegoats. I believe personally, though I am an outsider that introspection should start from the top to bottom. They should introspect why people are discontented and why the ordinary people deserted them," said Chatterjee.
His comments came amid indications that the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress was going to rout the Left Front that had ruled West Bengal for an uninterrupted 34 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor