CPI-M should introspect from top to bottom: Somnath
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha speaker and expelled Marxist leader Somnath Chatterjee on Friday said the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) should start introspecting from "top to bottom" on why the Left Front government was being decimated in West Bengal.
"It seems that people have opted for them (Trinamool). I must congratulate their leader (Mamata Banerjee)," Chatterjee told a TV news channel.
"It is very easy to abuse one party after one setback. Trinamool also faced same kind of setbacks in 2001 and 2006. So please don`t find scapegoats. I believe personally, though I am an outsider that introspection should start from the top to bottom. They should introspect why people are discontented and why the ordinary people deserted them," said Chatterjee.
His comments came amid indications that the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress was going to rout the Left Front that had ruled West Bengal for an uninterrupted 34 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- 48 hours on, Indian Air Force's AN 32 still untraceable; families of missing officials pray for good news