CPI-M to induct younger cadres in party committees
Kolkata: Ahead of its crucial West Bengal party conference, the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) on Sunday announced that at least 25 percent of members in all its committees will be below the age of 40.
"The process of party conference is going to start very soon. We will try to induct at least 25 percent of the total cadres of each and every committee from those below the age of 40. This time while choosing comrades for various committees, physical mobility, courageous attitude and dedication towards the party will be counted," CPI-M central committee member Binoy Konar said.
"In previous party conferences, comrades who used to deliver good speeches used to be one of the criteria for inducting comrades in the committees. But this time, honesty and sincerity will be counted," he added.
The process of the party conference, to be held in February 2012, is scheduled to start from November.
In the two-day state committee meeting here, CPI-M state secretary Biman Bose described the course of the conference while party general secretary Prakash Karat underlined the need to strengthen the party organisation and ideology, a party release said.
"The process of state party conference has already started. Our aim is to strengthen the party organisationally, politically and ideologically through the process of the party conference," he said Karat.
The party is also set to launch a massive countrywide movement against the "graft-ridden" central government and rise in prices of essentials.
"The reputation of the government suffering because of corruption at all levels of the central government. The people of the country is fuming because of the ineffectiveness of on the part of the UPA to control price rise," Karat told the state leadership.
"The peasants of the country are suffering because of the increase in prices of fertilizers and increase in the cost of production. The farmers are also not getting the right prices for the corps they are producing. The Left workers need to start an intense movement with these demands," Karat said.
"The party has decided to start countrywide intense movement with these demands in the first week of November," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!