CPI-M trying to sabotage my efforts: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Friday charged CPI-M with trying to "sabotage"
her efforts to "rebuild the state`s economy which was in
Speaking at a function to observe the birth
anniversary of state`s second chief minister Bidhan Chandra
Roy, she said, "We are trying to rebuild the state from a
scratch. We believe in construction and not in destruction and
we will rebuild Bengal."
According to her, "CPI-M is trying to sabotage all
efforts to rebuild a ruined economy of the state."
Banerjee said the previous government had left a
backlog of salary arrears of government employees for six
months and her government is in a difficult situation to
arrange for the funds.
"We want to rebuild Bengal on the path shown by late
B C Roy and his ideals will be guiding us," she said.
CPI-M has been "doing all politics for the last 34
years at the cost of the state`s development and encouraged
party politics in all spheres of life", she said.
"This party totally politicised the administration
and this proves a hurdle before us. The party did nothing to
develop education and health sectors. This non-performance has
its reflections in all other spheres of life," Banerjee said
referring to deaths of 18 children in the state-run B C Roy
Banerjee, who holds the health portfolio, said, "It is
a matter of surprise that poor people trekked from remote
villages with their sick children to get treatment in
state-run hospitals which refused them admission."
She wondered if the former chief minister and former
health minister ever thought about poor people who were denied
basic medical facilities in state-run hospitals during Left
She expressed her government`s determination to
"totally revamp" the health infrastructure and reach medical
services to remote places.
"Diagnostic centres will be opened at block-level and
efforts will be mounted to set up super-speciality hospitals
in districts," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption