CPI-M trying to sabotage my efforts: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Friday charged CPI-M with trying to "sabotage"
her efforts to "rebuild the state`s economy which was in
Speaking at a function to observe the birth
anniversary of state`s second chief minister Bidhan Chandra
Roy, she said, "We are trying to rebuild the state from a
scratch. We believe in construction and not in destruction and
we will rebuild Bengal."
According to her, "CPI-M is trying to sabotage all
efforts to rebuild a ruined economy of the state."
Banerjee said the previous government had left a
backlog of salary arrears of government employees for six
months and her government is in a difficult situation to
arrange for the funds.
"We want to rebuild Bengal on the path shown by late
B C Roy and his ideals will be guiding us," she said.
CPI-M has been "doing all politics for the last 34
years at the cost of the state`s development and encouraged
party politics in all spheres of life", she said.
"This party totally politicised the administration
and this proves a hurdle before us. The party did nothing to
develop education and health sectors. This non-performance has
its reflections in all other spheres of life," Banerjee said
referring to deaths of 18 children in the state-run B C Roy
Banerjee, who holds the health portfolio, said, "It is
a matter of surprise that poor people trekked from remote
villages with their sick children to get treatment in
state-run hospitals which refused them admission."
She wondered if the former chief minister and former
health minister ever thought about poor people who were denied
basic medical facilities in state-run hospitals during Left
She expressed her government`s determination to
"totally revamp" the health infrastructure and reach medical
services to remote places.
"Diagnostic centres will be opened at block-level and
efforts will be mounted to set up super-speciality hospitals
in districts," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened