CPI-M worker found murdered in Murshidabad
Kolkata: The body of a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) worker was found in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district Thursday, a day after he was abducted.
Police said Sariful Sheikh, who had been kidnapped by unidentified people Wednesday evening, was found with his throat slit in Patharghata in Murshidabad district, about 200 km from here.
There could be a political motive behind his murder, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army