CPI-M worker found murdered in Murshidabad
Kolkata: The body of a Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) worker was found in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district Thursday, a day after he was abducted.
Police said Sariful Sheikh, who had been kidnapped by unidentified people Wednesday evening, was found with his throat slit in Patharghata in Murshidabad district, about 200 km from here.
There could be a political motive behind his murder, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur