CPI-M youth, student wings to hit streets against budget
Kolkata: Accusing the Narendra Modi central government of neglecting West Bengal and trying to please only the corporate world in the general budget, the CPI-M`s student and youth wings on Friday announced they would hit the streets in protest.
Communist Party of India-Marxist youth arm, the Democratic Youth Federation of India`s state secretary Jamir Mollah alleged that the budget has failed to open up any employment opportunities. "The budget has only tried to please the corporates," he said.
Mollah told media persons that his organisation, as also the CPI-M students arm Students Federation of India would hit the streets July 12 and 13 across the state.
"We will hold street corners, demonstrations, sit-ins and rallies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?