CPI(M) a poisonous snake to be attacked, says Trinamool MP
Burdwan: A Trinamool Congress MP on Friday described the CPI(M) as a poisonous snake which has to be attacked whenever it raises its head.
"The CPI(M) is like a poisonous snake. It has to be hit whenever it raises its head," said Suvendu Adhikari, TMC MP, while addressing a rally organised by the party`s youth wing at Bhatar in Burdwan district.
A senior minister in the Mamata Banerjee government, Jyotipriya Mullick, had earlier exhorted party workers to beat up CPI(M) cadres like poisonous snakes.
Adhikari also described the three CPI(M) MPs from Burdwan district as `harmad` and asked the partymen to beat them in the next electoral battle.
During the Left Front regime, musclemen associated with the CPI(M) were popularly known as `harmad`.
On the recent spate of rapes in West Bengal and the opposition parties` agitation over the issue, Adhikari claimed that over 50,000 people were murdered during the 34 years of Left Front rule and majority of them were women.
"So, they should not talk about women`s safety. Actually, during CPI(M)`s rule, none was allowed to lodge complaints with the police. But people are now free to do it. That`s why the figure appears large," he said.
The TMC MP said if the party with 50 to 60 MPs can control the next central government, the number of LPG cylinders per family would again be raised from the existing 12 to 24.
"This would be there in the party`s election manifesto," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth