CPI(M) a poisonous snake to be attacked: Trinamool MP
Burdwan: A Trinamool Congress MP on Friday described the CPI(M) as a poisonous snake which has to be attacked whenever it raises its head.
"The CPI(M) is like a poisonous snake. It has to be hit whenever it raises its head," said Suvendu Adhikari, TMC MP, while addressing a rally organised by the party`s youth wing at Bhatar in Burdwan district.
A senior minister in the Mamata Banerjee government, Jyotipriya Mullick, had earlier exhorted party workers to beat up CPI(M) cadres like poisonous snakes.
Adhikari also described the three CPI(M) MPs from Burdwan district as `harmad` and asked the partymen to beat them in the next electoral battle.
During the Left Front regime, musclemen associated with the CPI(M) were popularly known as `harmad`.
On the recent spate of rapes in West Bengal and the opposition parties` agitation over the issue, Adhikari claimed that over 50,000 people were murdered during the 34 years of Left Front rule and majority of them were women.
"So, they should not talk about women`s safety. Actually, during CPI(M)`s rule, none was allowed to lodge complaints with the police. But people are now free to do it. That`s why the figure appears large," he said.
The TMC MP said if the party with 50 to 60 MPs can control the next central government, the number of LPG cylinders per family would again be raised from the existing 12 to 24.
"This would be there in the party`s election manifesto," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged