CPI(M) activist killed in Jhargram
Jhargram, WB: A CPI(M) activist was killed by unidentified assailants near Jhargram in West Midnapore district in the wee hours Wednesday.
Police said Nihar Mahato (35), an active member of CPI(M), was taken away by armed unidentified men from his house at Kamariya village under Jhargram police station area
Mahato was then made to walk towards Chandi More, some distance away, with his hands tied and shot dead.
The body, with two bullet wounds on head, was recovered this morning by the joint forces.
CPI(M) Zonal Secretary Rabi Sarkar said the Naxalites were behind the incident.
Meanwhile, movement of traffic was disrupted in different parts of the sub-division today as the tribal People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities (PCPA) blocked roads along certain points of `jangalmahal` area (the forested part) of the district, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars