CPI(M) activist killed in Maoist attack
Jhargram: Suspected Maoists shot dead a CPI(M) member at Jagannathpur in West Midnapore district late Sunday night.
Police said Kenaram Mudi (50), member of CPI(M) local committee, was dragged out from his home by four-five armed youths at around 11 pm and shot at from point blank range.
The group left posters bearing the name of CPI (Maoists) beside his body.
The posters said Mudi was given the "extreme punishment as earlier resolved in the people`s court" and warned of similar consequences for "other party members
involved in similar anti-people practices."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown