CPI(M) activist killed in Maoist attack
Jhargram: Suspected Maoists shot dead a CPI(M) member at Jagannathpur in West Midnapore district late Sunday night.
Police said Kenaram Mudi (50), member of CPI(M) local committee, was dragged out from his home by four-five armed youths at around 11 pm and shot at from point blank range.
The group left posters bearing the name of CPI (Maoists) beside his body.
The posters said Mudi was given the "extreme punishment as earlier resolved in the people`s court" and warned of similar consequences for "other party members
involved in similar anti-people practices."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him