CPI(M) alleges attack by TMC workers
Howrah: CPI(M) on Tuesday alleged that more than 20 of its supporters were injured in an attack by Trinamool Congress members at Udayanarayanpur in Howrah district.
Former MLA and party leader Pradyush Mukherjee alleged that the group of supporters had assembled near a bus stand to proceed for filing nominations to the upcoming Panchayat polls when the TMC activists attacked them.
During the incident, more than 20 CPI(M) supporters were injured, he said.
However, local MLA and TMC leader Somit Panja denied there was violence and claimed that the group of people had assembled without the party candidates "to create a scene".
The police said there was no report of any injury and no FIR had been filed as yet in connection to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?