CPI(M) alleges horse-trading by TMC in RS polls
Kolkata: CPI(M) on Friday accused Trinamool Congress of indulging in horse-trading to secure votes from Left Front members in its favour.
"The TMC has indulged in horse-trading by buying out LF MLAs to vote in favour of its candidates in today`s Rajya Sabha elections," Leader of Opposition Surjya Kanta Mishra told reporters here.
He said CPI(M) member Narayan Mukherjee could not vote due to ill-health, while the SUCI member was also absent.
Asked why LF members did not cast their votes for Independent candidate A S Malihabadi as alleged by TMC, Mishra said the 57 first preference votes had been given to CPI(M) candidate Ritabrata Banerjee to secure his win.
Only eight votes were left to be transferred for voting to Malihabadi as second preference, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn