CPI(M) complaint to EC against TMC leaders
Kolkata: The opposition Left Front has lodged a complaint with the state Election Commission against TMC leader from Birbhum, Anubrata Mondal, for allegedly foul-mouthing and threatening opposition parties.
The Left Front has also filed a similar complaint against Trinamool Congress leader Abdul Barik Biswas from Basirhat in North 24-Parganas from whom a large amount of gold bars was seized recently by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence.
CPI(M) leader Rabin Deb complained that Mondal had made derogatory and provocative remarks against opposition parties.
Earlier during last year`s panchayat polls, Mondal had landed himself in controversy for allegedly asking party supporters to burn the houses of independent candidates and hurl bombs at policemen if they came to the rescue.
The Left also alleged that the funds from 45 kg gold bars seized by DRI from Biswas, were to be used in the elections.
State CEO Sunil Gupta said he was looking into the complaints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport