CPI(M) condemns killing of Dilip Sarkar
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Monday condemned the daylight shooting of one of its prominent leaders in West Bengal, Dilip Sarkar, saying it was part of "systematic efforts" to annihilate party and trade union leaders by the ruling Trinamool Congress.
Demanding an investigation and arrest of those guilty of this crime, the CPI(M) Politburo said this was the third incident in Bardhaman district "since the Trinamool Congress came into office, of CPI(M) and trade union leaders being targeted for attack."
"This heinous killing is part of the systematic efforts to physically eliminate the leaders of the CPI(M) and the trade union movement," it said while conveying heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.
A former state legislator, Sarkar was shot dead while on a morning walk in the Asansol-Raniganj industrial belt yesterday. He was a secretariat member of CPI(M)`s Bardhaman District Committee.
Sarkar was also the District Secretary of the CITU and a leader of the Steel Workers` Union.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference