CPI(M) councillor shot dead near Kolkata
Barasat: A CPI(M) councillor was Friday
shot dead by unidentified men outside his residence at Barrackpore in North 24 Parganas district, police said.
Jamil Aakhtar, councillor of Barrackpore municipality,
received two bullets on his head by unidentified gunmen soon
after he came out of his residence at Haider Ali Road.
Akhtar died on the spot, Superintendent of Police,
Rahul Srivastav said.
Angry over the the incident, CPI(M) cadres blocked road
and rail tracks between Sealdah and Krishnanagar stations,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!