CPI(M) councillor shot dead near Kolkata
Barasat: A CPI(M) councillor was Friday
shot dead by unidentified men outside his residence at Barrackpore in North 24 Parganas district, police said.
Jamil Aakhtar, councillor of Barrackpore municipality,
received two bullets on his head by unidentified gunmen soon
after he came out of his residence at Haider Ali Road.
Akhtar died on the spot, Superintendent of Police,
Rahul Srivastav said.
Angry over the the incident, CPI(M) cadres blocked road
and rail tracks between Sealdah and Krishnanagar stations,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa