CPI(M) demands interrogation of minister named by Kunal Ghosh
Kolkata: CPI(M) Politburo member Surjya Kanta Mishra on Wednesday demanded an investigation into the allegations made by Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh against a state minister regarding the Saradha chit fund scam.
"From media reports we came to know that a Rajya Sabha MP of Trinamool Congress has named a state Cabinet minister (transport minister Madan Mitra), a Trinamool MP and a former IPS officer regarding the investigation of the Saradha scam. Why is the police not interrogating these people," Mihsra, who is the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, said.
"We demand these people be interrogated immediately," he said. Responding to a volley of questions about his knowledge on Saradha group chairman Sudipta Sen`s rapid rise from a small time fund manager and real estate dealer in South 24 Parganas` Bishnupur area, Ghosh had yesterday told reporters after coming out of the ED`s Salt Lake office, "Madan Mitra knows better than me."
On Saradha`s agreement with Pratidin Publications, Ghosh said, "I have told the ED that Srinjoy Bose (Rajya Sabha MP of Trinamool Congress) knows about it."
Asked about the Saradha Group`s overseas programmes in Las Vegas, he said, "Retired IPS Rajat Majumdar knows it better."
Mishra also alleged atrocities against women have gone up rapidly in the state because the state government is not taking proper action the culprits, as most of them are members of the ruling party.
Meanwhile, Ghosh today again visited the ED`s office in Salt Lake and submitted some documents regarding the ongoing investigation.
"I had some documents to submit, so I visited the ED`s office," Ghosh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital