CPI(M) demands interrogation of minister named by Kunal Ghosh
Kolkata: CPI(M) Politburo member Surjya Kanta Mishra on Wednesday demanded an investigation into the allegations made by Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh against a state minister regarding the Saradha chit fund scam.
"From media reports we came to know that a Rajya Sabha MP of Trinamool Congress has named a state Cabinet minister (transport minister Madan Mitra), a Trinamool MP and a former IPS officer regarding the investigation of the Saradha scam. Why is the police not interrogating these people," Mihsra, who is the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, said.
"We demand these people be interrogated immediately," he said. Responding to a volley of questions about his knowledge on Saradha group chairman Sudipta Sen`s rapid rise from a small time fund manager and real estate dealer in South 24 Parganas` Bishnupur area, Ghosh had yesterday told reporters after coming out of the ED`s Salt Lake office, "Madan Mitra knows better than me."
On Saradha`s agreement with Pratidin Publications, Ghosh said, "I have told the ED that Srinjoy Bose (Rajya Sabha MP of Trinamool Congress) knows about it."
Asked about the Saradha Group`s overseas programmes in Las Vegas, he said, "Retired IPS Rajat Majumdar knows it better."
Mishra also alleged atrocities against women have gone up rapidly in the state because the state government is not taking proper action the culprits, as most of them are members of the ruling party.
Meanwhile, Ghosh today again visited the ED`s office in Salt Lake and submitted some documents regarding the ongoing investigation.
"I had some documents to submit, so I visited the ED`s office," Ghosh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference