CPI(M) demands medical bulletin of key accused in Saradha scam
Kolkata: CPI(M) on Wednesday demanded the West Bengal government to issue medical reports of Sudipta Sen, the key accused in the ponzy scheme scam, currently in police custody and claimed that he had already made some `startling disclosures` in the case.
"Many heads may roll if he (Sudipta Sen) makes further disclosures in his statement to the police. The government should issue medical bulletin about his health in the interest of fair investigations," CPI(M) Politburo member and opposition leader in state assembly Suryakanta Mishra told reporters.
Sen had a medical check-up in a state-run hospital recently.
Demanding security of all those arrested in the Saradha chitfund scam and were now in police custody, Mishra alleged that more Trinamool Congress leaders may be found involved in the scam if Sen speaks further and makes more disclosures.
"The government has been wilfully delaying the course of the probe and putting pressure on the concerned authorities to suppress facts," the CPI(M) leader said alleging tardy progress of the Saradha investigations.
"It is quite clear that the government has been shielding those directly involved in the scam and with that in mind, we moved the President and the Prime Minister to submit that the CBI probe is a must to reveal the truth," he said.
Mishra also alleged that the state government had not been making any effort to ensure that the affected investors were given back the money they had lost in the Saradha meltdown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan