CPI(M) demands medical bulletin of key accused in Saradha scam
Kolkata: CPI(M) on Wednesday demanded the West Bengal government to issue medical reports of Sudipta Sen, the key accused in the ponzy scheme scam, currently in police custody and claimed that he had already made some `startling disclosures` in the case.
"Many heads may roll if he (Sudipta Sen) makes further disclosures in his statement to the police. The government should issue medical bulletin about his health in the interest of fair investigations," CPI(M) Politburo member and opposition leader in state assembly Suryakanta Mishra told reporters.
Sen had a medical check-up in a state-run hospital recently.
Demanding security of all those arrested in the Saradha chitfund scam and were now in police custody, Mishra alleged that more Trinamool Congress leaders may be found involved in the scam if Sen speaks further and makes more disclosures.
"The government has been wilfully delaying the course of the probe and putting pressure on the concerned authorities to suppress facts," the CPI(M) leader said alleging tardy progress of the Saradha investigations.
"It is quite clear that the government has been shielding those directly involved in the scam and with that in mind, we moved the President and the Prime Minister to submit that the CBI probe is a must to reveal the truth," he said.
Mishra also alleged that the state government had not been making any effort to ensure that the affected investors were given back the money they had lost in the Saradha meltdown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price