CPI(M) leader in Jhargram shot at by suspected Maoists
Jhargram (WB): A local CPI(M) activist was
on Saturday seriously injured after he was shot at by suspected
Maoists in Jhargram area of West Midnapore district, police
Datakarno Mahato, was returning from Badhgora High
School, where he worked as a clerk, when he was intercepted by
two armed youths on a motor cycle and shot at barely 200
metres away from the school compound, they said.
Mahato (42), who was also riding on a bike with a teacher
on pillion, then drove to Jhargram Sub-divisional Hospital and
got himself admitted.
He was the head of Jhargram Panchayat Samiti from
1998-2008 and did not leave the CPI(M) despite Maoist threats
to the party activists in recent times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'