CPI(M) leader shot at in West Midnapore
Jhargram: A CPI(M) local leader was on Friday shot at and seriously injured in Jhargram town in West Midnapore district by suspected Maoists, police said.
Gour Paichha, a CPI(M) local committee member of the town, was having tea at a stall near his house when six armed persons believed to be Maoists arrived on three motorcycles, they said.
The CPI(M) leader tried to take shelter in a neighbour`s house when he was shot in the arm, waist and below the ear by the armed men, they said.
He was first taken to the district hospital and from there to the SKM hospital in Kolkata, where he was admitted in a critical condition, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'