CPI(M) leader shot at in West Midnapore
Jhargram: A CPI(M) local leader was on Friday shot at and seriously injured in Jhargram town in West Midnapore district by suspected Maoists, police said.
Gour Paichha, a CPI(M) local committee member of the town, was having tea at a stall near his house when six armed persons believed to be Maoists arrived on three motorcycles, they said.
The CPI(M) leader tried to take shelter in a neighbour`s house when he was shot in the arm, waist and below the ear by the armed men, they said.
He was first taken to the district hospital and from there to the SKM hospital in Kolkata, where he was admitted in a critical condition, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence