CPI(M) member detained for allegedly distributing money
Purulia: A CPI(M) activist in Purulia district was detained by the police for allegedly distributing
money among the voters at Jagdishpur, officials said Friday.
The people of Jagdishpur village under Kashipur Assembly
seat which will go to the polls tomorrow informed the police that Jagdish Mondal, a CPI(M) local committee member was distributing money last evening, District Magistrate and District Election Officer A Singh said.
Mondal was detained by police for questioning after the
villagers alleged that he was distributing money, Singh said.
A sum of Rs 48,000 was seized from Mondal`s possession
when he was detained for questioning, police said.
Both police and the district administration is
investigating the matter.
CPI(M) leader Subhas Mahato is seeking re-election from
the Kashipur Assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!