CPI(M) member detained for allegedly distributing money
Purulia: A CPI(M) activist in Purulia district was detained by the police for allegedly distributing
money among the voters at Jagdishpur, officials said Friday.
The people of Jagdishpur village under Kashipur Assembly
seat which will go to the polls tomorrow informed the police that Jagdish Mondal, a CPI(M) local committee member was distributing money last evening, District Magistrate and District Election Officer A Singh said.
Mondal was detained by police for questioning after the
villagers alleged that he was distributing money, Singh said.
A sum of Rs 48,000 was seized from Mondal`s possession
when he was detained for questioning, police said.
Both police and the district administration is
investigating the matter.
CPI(M) leader Subhas Mahato is seeking re-election from
the Kashipur Assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters